Browse by month
- April 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- Bjorn Last Man Standing in Scotland
- Pete Cowen Biography
- The Importance of Custom-Fitting
- Video Tips #7: The 50 Yard Pitch
- Video Tips #6: Plugged Lies
- Video Tips #5: The Lob Shot
- Video Tips #4: Bunker Set-Up
- Video Tips #3: Pitching Basics
- Video tips #2: Chipping basics
- Video Tips #1: Short-game mechanics
- David Leadbetter Coaches Trilby Tour Winners
- July 2011
- June 2011
- First U.S. Win for Freddie J
- Tips to help your golf game this season
- Welcome to our new Facebook Page
- Perfect week for Callaway Staff Player Alex Noren
- Don’t miss our Hampton Court Demo Day
- What’s in your bag? Tell us and you could win
- New RAZR Hawk Drivers unveiled
- Trilby Tour 2011 in Full Swing
- Expert advice and fitting at Callaway Demo Days
- Custom Fitting Response Forms
Callaway is proud to announce the launch of RAZR XF, the company’s highest specification game improvement iron to date, blending unparalleled forgiveness and accuracy with premium materials and exceptional styling.
Designed specifically to appeal to the improving golfer who demands a golf club constructed from the finest materials with the performance and playability to match, the new RAZR XF Irons complement Callaway’s existing Legacy irons that were created with a similar styling and performance ethos but targeted at mid to low-handicap golfers.
Neil Howie, Callaway’s President of Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “The new RAZR XF Iron will undoubtedly appeal to the committed player who is focused on maximising their potential, safe in the knowledge they are using one of the most refined, visually striking game-improvement Irons currently available on the market.”
The ultra-premium appearance of the RAZR XF Iron, unashamedly targeted at mid to high-handicappers, comes courtesy of Callaway’s exclusive Black PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) finish that produces a stealth-like appearance that not only captures a golfer’s attention, but also significantly reduces the glare off the club face in bright conditions, improving playing performance.
The main body frame of each club head is forged from 1025 carbon steel and perimeter weighted to achieve the highest MOI (resistance to twisting) of any iron Callaway has ever created. This, coupled with a 455 Carpenter steel face to generate faster ball speeds for added distance, creates increased forgiveness while also providing soft, responsive feedback at impact.
A key game-improvement feature of the RAZR XF Iron is its wide sole design, specifically engineered to position the centre of gravity low and deep (to enhance playability) to easily compensate for off-centre strikes. In addition to this, a lightweight Winn grip is used throughout the set as standard, helping to convert as much swing speed as possible into impact energy with the golf ball.
“The RAZR XF is a statement of what is possible with a game improvement iron and we are proud to deliver such a high performance, premium product to the multitude of mid to high-handicap golfers we know will benefit from this incredible engineering,” added Neil Howie.
Another standout feature of the RAZR XF Iron is the special medallion placed in the cavity of each club head. Constructed from aluminium and injection-moulded plastic, it precisely fine-tunes the sound of the club at impact with the ball, and enhances feedback to the golfer.
- Multi-material construction: Forged 1025 carbon steel body is perimeter weighted for a higher MOI and increased forgiveness while also providing soft, responsive feedback at impact. 455 Carpenter steel face is stronger than traditional stainless steel generating faster ball speeds for added distance.
- Multi-material medallion: Constructed of aluminium and injection-moulded plastic, it fine-tunes sound and enhances feel off the clubface.
- Black PVD Finish :Physical Vapour Deposition Finish comes from a hi-tech process that produces a stealth look for reduced glare and an ultra-premium appearance.
- Lightweight shaft and Winn Grip: Allows for faster club head speeds to increase distance.
Available in both men’s right and left-handed, 3–SW, the RAZR XF is also offered in a ladies version (5–SW), right-handed only. RAZR XF Irons are available at retail from October 1st, 2011.
For details of the complete Callaway product range, visit www.callawaygolf.com
We’ve 20 prizes to give away in our free prize draw If you’ve bought a Callaway product recently, make sure you register it. Why? Because you could win one of 20 golfing prizes in our registration prize draw. But that’s … more
Callaway has unveiled its new RAZR Hawk driver, helping to mark the debut of Forged Composite – the lightest, strongest and most precise material the company has ever used. The performance characteristics of Forged Composite, a material developed in conjunction … more